Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Was "Forced" to Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish in which they post a Top Ten list of bookish things and invite you to share your own top ten.

Top Ten Books I Was "Forced" to Read


My husband "forced" me to read this book after having made me watch the movie during the our close friendship before relationship started. He owns all of them and thought I would like to read them too.

I was "forced" to read it twice. Once my senior year of high school and once my sophomore year of college. I love everything about it!

This was another book I was supposed to read in school. As a lover of all Greek Mythology, I enjoyed everything about it. Odysseus's journey was such an interesting read. The fact that it was all written in poem form made it even better for me.

Eight grade English brought me this book. And I have loved it ever since. I loved Ponyboy and Soda Pop and I thought being a greaser was just the coolest thing back then.

There wasn't much I enjoyed about Junior English in high school, but this was one of the things I did love about it. The Salem Witch Trials are very interesting to me. I always sympathized with the "witches."



Freshman year of high school; This was the first book I encountered in my life that I couldn't get into. Nothing about it was fun for me to read. I just faked it (having watched the movie) and used Sparknotes to get the rest of the way through it.

Junior English; I couldn't get through it. I don't know if it was the language or the material, but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Freshman English (again); While my class was reading The Great Gatsby, me and five other people in my class had our parents write notes to get us out of it due to the "bad language." I did it because my big sister, who is an avid reader, had a hard time getting through it. So I thought I would to. This was the book I had to read instead. I only read one chapter and relied heavily on the fact that I had watched Muppet Treasure Island.

Junior year of college; After getting out of reading it my freshman year of high school, I thought I had gotten around reading it. Junior year of college and an American Lit class stopped me in my tracks and made me read it. It was okay. I didn't really enjoy much about it. I don't know why. Everyone else seemed to love it, except for me.

Junior year of college again; I just couldn't get into this one either.



No comments:

Post a Comment